Night






Three AM woke me as it crept into my room.
Silence deafening like a low growling thunder. This was home a few months ago. Today my feet were clumsy slipping on ice a bit off beat, rubber soles freezing in temperature they weren't made for.
Temperatures I wasn't ever quite made for - the cold harshness kept me inside more than I enjoyed. Beside my old bed, the heather purred. I laid in the sheets, surprised and warm. I usually sleep through the night.
I stayed awake, and started to simply breathe. Lucky to be here, in the middle of packed boxes and plans with friends, glowing with gratefulness. 

Happy to be here
Happy to be going home soon

Before long, raindrops were falling on my window. I drifted back to sleep








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few shots from my latest collaboration with Luxuria Studio

Amongst the fairies