Croissants and Jam


“De toutes les passions, la seule vraiment respectable me paraît être la gourmandise.” 
― Guy de Maupassant


When I was last in Montreal, I heard a story that I wouldn't have believed had it not come directly from the luscious lips of Miss Laliberté herself - erotic chef extraordinaire and remarkable courtesan.

(https://www.chezlaliberte.com/)


As we sat in a sun filled living room over at Amelie's, everyone complimented the homemade apple compote that Gabrielle brought. Always a chef hungry for discovery, she told us she ventured over to the orchard herself in order to pick the apples. 

"I couldn't resist making a few jokes about temptation with the clergy men there" she chuckled softly.

"Wait, you went apple picking in an abbey?!"

"Well, yes, and it turned out to be really well run too! A charming place, truly. Funny thing is, apparently this was the last of those apples - turns out the orchard burnt down shortly after my visit."

We must've spilled flaky pastry everywhere while we laughed at the coincidence. Even having moved past superstition and archaic beliefs, I couldn't help but find the whole situation to be a little bit incredible still.

We ate our breakfast while musing about how life has a strange little synchronicity to it, not the least of which ended up being us all eating together.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few shots from my latest collaboration with Luxuria Studio

Amongst the fairies