warmth


“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 
"Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” 







  As fall settles in, spice wafting from ovens and leaves crunching, I've come to witness a surprising phenomenon. The weather seems to be getting colder but I seem to find more and more warmth. Having taken a break from this summer's camping and running has allowed me to explore more of my new home. I went out to a lake an hour out of the city on my birthday, and looked out at the mountains, swaying on a suspended bridge. In my nose, the smell of the snow tops.

 Earlier this week, I stopped by a seaside market, ate a bit of fish from a merchant and sipped on a latte on the dock. I took the time then to think of the friends I share this city with, either passing by or with deep roots here.
 Life anywhere presents its fair share of challenges, and being a little uprooted here adds to the spice of the experience. My luck is finding a tribe that fits my vibe here. Fellow runners, hikers and dog lovers abound, and I am blessed to be part of a luminous yoga teaching community that helps me thrive.
 Always the introvert, I do love coming back home too, to the old house where I found a room. I read more than I did back in Montreal, almost always the nose in a book. The calm creaking of the floors and the pitter-patter of the rain on the windows creates a perfect cocoon in which to recharge.

Finally, I landed. Roots are growing, I feel in full bloom
Some years, Autumn just feels like an introvert's Spring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few shots from my latest collaboration with Luxuria Studio

Amongst the fairies