Movement


As the summer came to it's close, I knew. I had it in my calendar, a plane to take on a Monday, back to a city that echoed slightly too loudly of concrete, footsteps just a little too quick for a lot of the wrong reasons.

        Some flights feel a lot like taking a step back.
And since I love to dance, I know that's not necessarily a bad thing. YULanded, then took a cab home. Caught an East coast sunset. It felt a bit off, and not just cause it was three hours too early. Not just cause I felt three hours too late.

I woke up in sheets that used to be mine, in a room where I still paid rent, and the things that felt right were sweet - but I had a mountain-shaped hole in my heart. 9 days later, I was back.
YUL - checked my bag and I felt lifted.

       Some flights just feel like coming home.

I've been here for a while now and it's starting to feel more and more like I'm growing roots. It's strange how being on vacation makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up on end. Like I don't quite land from the flight until much later.

Yesterday I feel asleep in public transit, coming home from work. It feels good to know a bit about the order of the streets, slowly placing myself in the vast map of the city.

This morning I woke up with the sun, even if I didn't have any plans. I read in bed while the laundry was spinning, and ate cake for breakfast. Carrot cake, so it's okay. I looked at the rankings for one of my favorite trails to do up here. I placed top 20 in my age group without even knowing the leader board existed.

Also, I discovered this song exists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODsUpq0WAYY

So....
I was wondering how to tell you, Montreal....
But I'm going to be staying here on the West Coast for a few more months at least.
And hey, Vancouver?
You're awesome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few shots from my latest collaboration with Luxuria Studio

Amongst the fairies